Monday 16 May 2011

Knowing Service Excellence

      On 16th May 2011, My wife was going to India on a flight which will depart at 8:30 AM. As we slept at around 12:30 AM last night and had to wake up at 4:30 AM to reach airport by 6:30 AM, i wanted to take leave after giving proper send off to her. I was having a full day course to attend on that day which was provided by our company. So i planned to sleep in the course instead, just like what i do in almost all of my courses. But all my plans changed once i started listening to Mr. Manoj who was taking the course called "Knowing Service Excellence". I was feeling something strange in my stomack due to less sleep and eyes were aching a bit, while sending off my wife but once i got involved in the course, everything disappeared and i didn't even attended the call from my wife after her safe journey.

      Mr. Manoj discussed about Service in very wonderful manner. My definition of Service was as follows.
Service - Taking salary and doing what BOSS says.
National Service - Taking salary and serve nation by joining military.
Social Service - Helping people with out any profit.

But all my paradigms got changed after been with Manoj. First of all thanks to my company S T Electronics for providing me this great opportunity to interact with such a great being Mr. Manoj. I think i am not eligible enough to talk about Manoj. You can visit his site here.

He mainly covered following 4 topics
1. Service - is willingness to keep other's needs over our own needs. This may not give benefit in short term but gives multiple values during long run.
2. Appearing & Disappearing Worlds - When we look at anything, we wont observe it's surroundings. When some one asks us to do a favor, we will see it as extra work instead we should see it as new land of opportunity.
3. Agreements - If we had any written, verbal or any type of agreement with someone, we must bound to it. It is either professional or personal. If can not meet the agreement, we should at least inform them before the time is up. Instead of making excuses about delay, better to take responsibility and correct the mistake.
4. Adding Value - Product's cost is different from place to place which is surely due to difference in service. For example, coffee in food court and coffee in starbucks have their prices highly different due to difference in the kind of service at each place. So service adds value.

No comments:

Post a Comment